St. Ann's Warehouse: Wrecking Ball Gala

Set List for the Curious
I'm basically of a fan of Daniel Kitson because of St. Ann's Warehouse.  I stumbled upon his work at St. Ann's Warehouse in 2011.  And after spending the better part of January 2012 camped out there for Kitson's story show It's Always Right Now, Until It's Later, I felt like I wanted to support their fundraising efforts this year.

St. Ann's is one of the rare spaces in New York that you can see terrific international theater.  Their programming is eclectic but always rewarding.  They introduced me to John Tiffany, Steven Hoggett, Frantic Assembly, National Theatre of Scotland, Enda Walsh, Daniel Kitson, Kneehigh Theatre, and TR Warszawa.

They are leaving their current space at 38 Water Street in DUMBO and this year's Gala was called the Wrecking Ball.  Thought I would share some photos from the Wrecking Ball concert and if you'd like to hear Reeve Carney, Sam Amidon and Glen Hansard sing Hallelujah as part of the Jeff Buckley tribute...well then click here.  It's a TREAT!  Also maybe a little video.




I had not heard Sam Amidon before.  After this show, I went out and bought 2 of his albums.  How did I not know about him before?!

St. Ann's Warehouse will be moving just down the street to 29 Jay Street so I highly recommend you check them out in their new space. 


Lou Reed and his androgynous handsome guitarist

More handsome guitarist

Reeve Carney
Karen O

Sam Amidon

Glen Hansard

Emmylou Harris and Sam Amidon




Comments